Download this FREE quilt pattern and Yes! I created the Vintage Quilt Pattern for you to practice your patchwork and free-motions quilting skills.
It´s made of small pieces of vintage soft colors fabrics and a lot of love.
Supplies for the Vintage Quilt
You will need:
• 9” each of seven different “Vintage Style” fabrics
• ½ yd. for borders
• 2 yds. for backing
• 2 yds. batting
• Coordinating embroidery thread (used in needle and
wound on bobbin)
• Ruler foot for your domestic sewing machine
• Free motion foot or the Straight Stitch in the Ditch Foot
You will be making twenty-four 8 ½” x 8 ½” blocks of the three suggested styles.
- Block A: make five 4 ½” x 4 ½” square “four patch” blocks
- Block B: make seven 8 ½” x 8 ½” solid or print blocks
- Block C: make twelve blocks: each block is made with two sets of 6 ½” x 4 ½” and 2 ½” x 4 ½” pieces
Join all blocks with 1/4 “ seams, add batting and backing.
Add 4” borders.
For sit-down or domestic machines, baste or use safety pins or load quilt sandwich on frame.
For domestic machines
Drop feed dogs and attach free motion or ruler foot. It’s especially helpful to use an extension table to support your work.
1. Practice your designs first by drawing the design on paper.
2. Then warming up on a scrap quilt sandwich for 20 minutes before quilting your quilt.
3. Keep the spacing within your designs consistent.
4. If you make a mistake, repeat it in another part of the pattern to make it
5. If you are afraid to go freely, use the Stitch in the Ditch foot and make any straight lines with rulers.
Get all the free motion designs, quilt pattern and complete instructions!!!
If you like it comment below and please don´t forget to share with your friends.
I will be posting more and more useful tips every week.
Feel free to share in your Quilting group!
Share this post
- 2 comments
- Tags: patchwork, quilt, quilters, quilting, quilting technique, sewing, sewing machine supplies, stitch in the ditch, threading, transferring designs